QuickBooks Point of Sale is one of the best available software applications that allows you to track sales, customers and inventory easily and quickly.
A checkout is where a sales transaction occurs and a selling process is overseen. A checkout system
creates and prints vouchers, tracks inventory and must be reliable and efficient. The latest
QuickBooks Point of Sale software offers features that are leaps and bounds ahead of earlier versions
of the software.
This version’s standout features enable you to save time and energy while managing inventory and the
software gives you a handle on what you have or do not have in stock. When an item is sold, the software
automatically lowers the inventory count, and when a product is returned, it is added on the inventory list.
This avoids the problem of an over- or under-stocked inventory.
The wonderful thing about QuickBooks Point of Sale is the tasks you perform everyday with this system
will be fast and easy. The interface is simple to navigate and understand. The system automatically adjusts
your inventory without you having to do anything manually. With many systems, you may lose time accepting
credit or debit cards, but this POS system software is designed to be more efficient and speed up that hectic
process by doing it in a single click.
QuickBooks Point of Sale is a great option for retailers who are looking to easily track
sales, keep customers happy and remain updated on their inventory. It is efficient, reliable and easy for
any salesperson to use. The basic version only has about half of the features that the pro version has, but
it covers the basic needs. Small business owners with simple needs from their POS system will find this to
be an excellent software-only solution.
New in QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12
• Faster Performance: 10x faster startup times and significantly faster workflows such as accessing items and customer lists or looking up item history.
• Time-Saving New Features: Multi-tasking capabilities, keyboard shortcuts and sorting within key workflows such as ringing up a sale, receiving items, or returning items.
• Auto Payment Reconciliation: Auto payment reconcilation is now available with QuickBooks Desktop 2015.
• EMV Ready: EMV ready and designed to support the most updated payment technology for greater data security.
Desktop System Requirements
• At least 4 GB of RAM for a single workstation installation
• 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
• Single user: 2.4 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended)
• Multiple users: 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz recommended)
• Optimized for 1024×768 screen resolution
• Windows Server 2003
• Windows Vista, all editions (SP2 or later strongly recommended)
• Windows Server 2008 (SP1 or later strongly recommended)
• Windows 7
• Windows 8
• Windows 8.1
• Windows 10
Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires:
Microsoft® Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013
Microsoft® Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013
QuickBooks Financial Software integration requires:
• Intuit QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2013–2015
• Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Versions 13.0, 14.0 and 2015
• Multi-core processor and 8 GB of RAM are recommended for better performance on the Point of
Sale server workstation.
• In a multi-user configuration, each workstation concurrently running Point of Sale must have a
seperately purchased user license, and every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version and level.6
• Products have been tested with the following software:
• McAfee Internet Security Suite
• Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite
• Zone Labs’ Zone Alarm Pro
• Trend Micro
Note: Some configurations may require that you adjust settings in firewall and anti-virus products to ensure the best possible performance with Point of Sale.
System Configuration Notes:
• Disk space requirements do not include company data files. If your company data file is very large or includes item pictures you may need more disk space.
• In order to run several applications simultaneously, your system should have a mult-core processor and at least 4GB of RAM. Point of sale will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors running Windows. However, not all hardware devices will install and operate on 64-bit operating systems. We recommend that you contact the device manufacturers for more information about installing their hardware devices on 64-bit operating systems.
Questions? Give us a call or you may send us a message .